Re: very impressed by 11g

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:55:44 +0200

John Hurley wrote:
> On Apr 24, 3:50 pm, "Gerard H. Pille"<g..._at_skynet.be> wrote:
>> Months ago we upgraded our main database to 11g, and after tuning a number of selects, we were
>> running happily along. A couple of weeks ago, we noticed we'd forgotten to change the
>> compatible parameter to 11.2 or something, so, yesterday we set that straight.
>
> You did not test out the impact of changing the compatible parameter
> for your "main database" prior to the production implementation?
>
> Can you clone your database and setup an adequate test environment and
> figure out what has changed?

Sorry about that, John, but I was not involved until I noticed smoke coming out of that machine.   There a number of other databases and application servers that keep me 100% occupied. But I run some automated checks on all the systems and they warned me. Received on Wed Apr 25 2012 - 13:55:44 CDT

Original text of this message