Re: very impressed by 11g

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghpille_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 01:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

Op woensdag 25 april 2012 01:06:44 UTC+2 schreef Mladen Gogala het volgende:
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:50:44 +0200, Gerard H. Pille wrote:
>

> > There was nothing to be done about it, we didn't find any specific
> > queries that were responsible, but the system kept hitting 100% cpu.
>
> So, what was using all that CPU? Any particular process? Did you look
> into V$SESSMETRIC? V$SQLSTAT? Are execution plans different? What is the
> precise version of 11G that you have? There is a known bug in 11.2.0.2:
> when automatic baseline collection is turned on, CPU is being burnt like
> crazy.

It was all the little processes together. We keep session statistics so we will be able to compare now the users are back to their workstations.

  compatible = "11.2.0.0"
was
  compatible = "10.1.0"

servr1.DBRMG>select version from v$instance; VERSION

11.2.0.2.0

It looks like we don't capture the plan baselines automatically: servr1.DBRMG>show parameter optim

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------
object_cache_optimal_size            integer     102400
optimizer_capture_sql_plan_baselines boolean     FALSE
optimizer_dynamic_sampling           integer     0
optimizer_features_enable            string      11.2.0.2
optimizer_index_caching              integer     50
optimizer_index_cost_adj             integer     10
optimizer_mode                       string      CHOOSE
optimizer_secure_view_merging        boolean     TRUE
optimizer_use_invisible_indexes      boolean     FALSE
optimizer_use_pending_statistics     boolean     FALSE
optimizer_use_sql_plan_baselines     boolean     TRUE
plsql_optimize_level                 integer     2