Re: 11g Listener Logs

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 08:26:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 23, 7:17 am, ExecMan <artme..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find a good way to parse / audit the 11g listener logs.
> In our 10g databases this was pretty simple.  A couple of procedures
> and an external table pointing to the log and I can run queries and
> gather stats by the hour, connect counts from different hosts, etc.
>
> But, for 11g with the log being in XML and could be a number of logs,
> I'm not quite sure how to get this accomplished.  I've been searching
> around and trying to brainstorm and was looking to see what anyone
> else has done.  I'm sure I'm not the first who wants to parse the
> listener log and get stats / counts.
>
> Thanks!

I'm running 11.2.0.3 and I find a text copy of the listener log in C: \oradb\diag\tnslsnr\<host>\listener\trace where c:\oradb is my diagnostic_dest. I also find this text log under Linux on 11.2.0.2, again starting at <diagnostic_dest> and going to diag/tnslsnr/<host>/ listener/trace. I would expect that you can point this 10g script to the 11g location and continue to use it as you have always done.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Apr 23 2012 - 10:26:09 CDT

Original text of this message