Re: The best of times, the worst of times

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:15:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 20, 6:55 am, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

> I've been saying it since the Jarvis people started their "tax
> revolution" in the late '70's, when they greedily vultured Jerry
> Brown's huge surplus:  You need to collect taxes to pay for stuff, you
> can't just fertilize the business environment to stimulate growth and
> complain government is too big.  That's just fertilizer, a polite term
> for bullshit.  It works for a while until the farmland gets burned out
> and you have to let it lay fallow.

You mean "growth is infinitely sustainable" as an economic model is after all an imbecile strategy that can only exist in the minds of an economist?
Wonders will never cease!

What we are all seeing now is the logical evolution and conclusion of a demented business and economic model that could not possibly be sustainable in the long run. Let's hope there is a way out - for those better than me to find it, I can't... Received on Thu Apr 19 2012 - 19:15:31 CDT

Original text of this message