Re: SqlPlus: dynamic name for a spool file

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:24:41 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:00:15 +0200, Kay Kanekowski wrote:

> Hi Mladen,
> why not ?
> I use dynamic file every day from my sql-scripts.

SQL*Plus is not a scripting tool, at least not a good one, not even a usable one. There used to be a good reporting tool called RPT/RPF, but the programmer got called to better things and the tool was canceled. When I need scripting tool, I use the available scripting languages. Better, faster and less convoluted.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com