Re: 11G Statistics Collection

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 04:03:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 14, 10:32 pm, vsevolod afanassiev <vsevolod.afanass..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I think for properly written application frequent statistics
> collection isn't required.

Neither is it desirable. This fixation with "collect statistics every day to resolve all performance ills" is getting beyond ridiculous... I'm always reminded of Peoplesoft - an ORACLE product, let's not forget it! - where temp tables are used all over the place. Truncated, populated, then queried upon and cleared after. Yeah right, of course the DBA needs to calculate stats every day. Right when they are empty! It's such a great way of stuffing up performance!... Received on Sun Apr 15 2012 - 06:03:12 CDT

Original text of this message