Re: Oracle 10g = bloatware?

From: Matthias Hoys <matthias.hoys_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 01:06:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:41:46 PM UTC+2, ddf wrote:
> You have that backwards:
>
> 10g == 945 MB
> 11g == 211 MB
>
> But I, too, am wondering why there is so much apparent free space in
> the 10g copy of the table. Possibly someone did this in 10g:
>
> alter table flow_files minimize records_per_block;
>
> or maybe manual segment space management is in use in the 10g database
> and the pctfree is set to a high value.
>

> David Fitzjarrell

Yes, I got it backwards in my first post, sorry about that. I'm almost sure no one executed that "alter table..." statement - I'm the only one who could have done it :-) This is a table from APEX in a locally managed tablespace with automatic extent allocation and ASSM... there are lots of inserts on the table, but almost no deletes or updates...

Matthias Received on Thu Apr 12 2012 - 03:06:45 CDT

Original text of this message