Re: rman block recovery

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 19:05:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:44:13 AM UTC-4, zigz..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> I have a database which has database block corruption. I had a successful rman backup of Sunday.
> Monday and Tuesday rman backup failed saying
> ORA-19566: exceeded limit of 0 corrupt blocks for file F:\EM…….
>
> Then I modified rman script to skip up to 5 corrupt blocks..
> set maxcorrupt for datafile 'F:\......' to 5;
>
> Now my rman backup is successful on Wednesday…
>
> Now, I want to repair blocks using rman’s block recover command:
> recover datafile 19 block 321, 322, 385, 513, 577 restore
> My questions are:
> a. Will rman automatically start with Sunday’s successful back and then apply archived logs.. or
> Will it start with Wednesday’s backups and then it won’t be able to recover corrupted blocks…
> b. How to force rman block recover to start from Sunday’s backup … (Do I have to mark Wedensday's backup as invalid in rman catalog ...

I wonder when block recovery is done will Oracle stop as soon as block is "recoverd" or will it keep applying changes from archived logs to that block until it runs out of archive logs. If a point in time recovery is applied, then that block can be incosistent with all other blocks because of incomplete recovery ... Received on Wed Apr 11 2012 - 21:05:52 CDT

Original text of this message