Re: Distributed database system - 2 phase commit - data fragmentation explained very nicely

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 17:10:57 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Joel, and duly note that my response was not the most gracious of replies. That being said we have had more than one person pull a 'hit-and-run' with blog posts and web pages chock full of misinformation and lame analogies; your posts, on their face, appeared to be tbe same thus my response.

Presuming you do have 30+ years in IT I'm surprised you don't want to contribute that wealth of knowledge here, in comp.databases.oracle.server. As Joel mentioned this group used to be a lively bunch which iincluded Tom Kyte, Connor MacDonald, Howard Rogers and Jonathan Lewis, It would be nice to see that level of participation again, but Google opened this group up to email posting which allows all of the SPAM to accumulate unmolested and creates the image that the group is a shadow of its former self. We can bring it out of the doldrums but it requires participation. I admit that I haven't participated as much lately as I did earlier on, and that's due, in part, to the litter Google allows in the group.

Please reconsider your participation; I'm planning on contributing more.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Apr 05 2012 - 19:10:57 CDT

Original text of this message