Re: Oracle Passwords

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 13:27:20 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 08:09:50 -0700, ExecMan wrote:

> I have a client who has forgotten a couple of user passwords. I know he
> can change them as SYSTEM or SYS, but the application logs in and has
> those passwords coded in the .exe. Is there a way to find out the
> password, and maintain it, otherwise it is going to be hell changing the
> application for the new password.

Check the executables with "strings". If the application is coded in such a stupid fashion, I wouldn't be surprised to find a string like "adm1n1strat0r" in the executable itself. Also, contacting the application vendor looks like a good idea, almost as good as changing the vendor.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com