Re: Random successful access with oci and PHP

From: TheBoss <TheBoss_at_invalid.nl>
Date: 30 Mar 2012 19:10:53 GMT

Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote in news:pan.2012.03.28.12.44.04_at_gmail.com:

> On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 11:30:39 -0700, joel garry wrote:
>

>> I'd think the manlier way would be to figure out what the script does
>> or should do and fix it, rather than wait for the application of the
>> dikes to the gonads.  You're gonna need a truss.

> The script runs a bunch of chmod commands. That's it.

The script sets the permission for a number of files and directories for the "other" group to be the same as those of the "group" (= the dba group), so the OP should be aware of security implications, as stated in the disclaimer in the script:

<q>

Disclaimer: The purpose of this script is to relax permissions on some of the files in the database Oracle Home so that all clients can access them.
Please note that Oracle Corporation recommends using the most restrictive file permissions as possible for your given implementation. Running this script should be done only after considering all security ramifications.

</q>
--
Jeroen