Re: yup...

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:09:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:57:18 AM UTC-4, Noons wrote:
> http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/16/us-oracle-idUSBRE82F0SF20120316
>
> when one artificially props up loser product lines for years in a row
> while milking the cash cow to death to support them
> and deriding and disparaging the very same folks who always supported said cow
> the temptation to call it "shooting one's foot off" is very strong!
>
> Let's hope the thing's is a millipede and will survive on the remaining feet...

I am curious how does one guarantee zero data loss in HANA or like main memory database crashes. HANA always shows Sybase replication server in its drawings , does that mean one needs another database to replicate and in case primary main memory database crashes, one will use replicated database to restore from. Received on Mon Mar 19 2012 - 23:09:49 CDT

Original text of this message