Re: how do I chg administrator pwd on oracle 11g 11.2.0.1.0 on Windows Professional 7?

From: Ken Quirici <kquirici_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:59:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 11, 7:09 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 15:28:34 -0700, Ken Quirici wrote:
> > I don't have sql developer connecting to the database as SYS, but as
> > another user I created when I
> > downloaded Oracle 11 and installed it.
>
> > However the question is moot because my PC is fried. Everytime I boot it
> > up I get a message
>
> Can you do me a favor: please execute the SQL below and post the result:
>
> select sys_context('userenv','current_user') from dual;
>
> This is how this should look:
> [mgogala_at_medo ~]$ sqlplus scott/tiger_at_local
>
> SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.3.0 Production on Sun Mar 11 19:04:17 2012
>
> Copyright (c) 1982, 2011, Oracle.  All rights reserved.
>
> Connected to:
> Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - Production
> With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing
> options
>
> SQL> select sys_context('userenv','current_user') from dual;
>
> SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','CURRENT_USER')
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----
> SCOTT
>
> Elapsed: 00:00:00.00
> SQL>
>
> Here, I am connecting from my laptop to the database on my desktop as
> user SCOTT. I can do the same thing with the SQL*Developer but result
> will be the same. In order to be help you out, I would need the username
> you are using to connect to the database.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

Thanks for your detailed reply and the time you took on it. I'm sorry but my PC is dead. I have to buy a new
one, download oracle 11g onto it, install it, and when I try to run sqldeveloper I'll get the same question
asking where my java.exe is, which when I answer with the path to the java.exe I downloaded from oracle by
going to the link it very nicely provided after telling me the two download files for Oracle 11g didn't have java, will say sorry but we can't find a j2ee sometimes, or jdk other times.

In any event, I can't do what you ask.

My profound apologies and thanks for trying.

I'll hit the group when I get my new computer, download 11g, etc etc and try to run sqldeveloper.

Regards,

Ken Quirici Received on Tue Mar 13 2012 - 19:59:08 CDT

Original text of this message