Re: how do I chg administrator pwd on oracle 11g 11.2.0.1.0 on Windows Professional 7?

From: Ken Quirici <kquirici_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 15:28:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 11, 5:22 pm, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:29:38 PM UTC-7, Ken Quirici wrote:

> > > Do you want to change the SYS password in Oracle or the Adminstrator password for Windows?
>
> > > David Fitzjarrell
>
> > The SYS password in Oracle I would imagine. Let me fill in a little
> > more: when I open sql developer it shows a connection
> > to my database ORCL2 - when I click it it asks for a password. It's
> > THAT password. Does that answer your question
> > fully? I get the message that the pwd is expiring when for example I
> > run sqlplus from the cmd line. I think also when
> > I opened the sql developer window.
>
> > Thanks for the reply.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > ken Quirici
>
> Why do you have sql developer connecting to your database as SYS?  THat is not a reecommended practice.  That being the case you can, from the SQL> prompt, change the password:
>
> SQL> password
> Old password:
> New Password:
> Retype new password:
> Password changed.
> SQL>
>
> If you're connecting as SYSDBA (which in later relesaes is required) you'll probably be better off connecting to SQL*plus ahd executing the following:
>
> SQL> alter user sys identified by <new password here>;
>
> User altered.
>
> SQL>
>
> David Fitzjarrell

I don't have sql developer connecting to the database as SYS, but as another user I created when I
downloaded Oracle 11 and installed it.

However the question is moot because my PC is fried. Everytime I boot it up I get a message

Windows 7
Build 7600
This copy of windows is not genuine.

and the PC shuts off.

Thanks anyway tho.

Regards,

Ken Quirici Received on Sun Mar 11 2012 - 17:28:34 CDT

Original text of this message