Re: New diagnostic tool

From: Matthias Hoys <matthias.hoys_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 05:27:16 -0800 (PST)

On Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:53:06 AM UTC+1, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> Oracle has just made available a new diagnostic tool which can help with
> examining a SQL statement. Takes a statement, by the SQL_ID, and examines
> it thoroughly. It goes through the optimizer environment, plan and plan
> statistics, if available. It can also produce the execution history from
> AWR, if the user is licensed for the performance tuning pack. Here is the
> document:
>
> FAQ: SQL Health Check (SQLHC) (Doc ID 1417774.1)
>
> The tool is very interesting and it is free. It's very easy to use. It's
> so easy that even Kim Kardashian could use it, to paraphrase one nice
> GEICO commercial.
>
> --
> http://mgogala.byethost5.com

Although, I don't understand this recommendation:

APEX_040100.WWV_FLOW_DATA Table has 1 index(es) with DOP different than its table. Table has a degree of parallelism of "1". Review index properties and fix degree of parallelism of table and/or its index(es).

So, I check the APEX data dictionary:

select table_name as obj_name,degree from all_tables where table_name = 'WWV_FLOW_DATA' and owner = 'APEX_040100' union all
select index_name,degree from all_indexes where table_name = 'WWV_FLOW_DATA' and owner = 'APEX_040100'

OBJ_NAME,DEGREE
WWV_FLOW_DATA,1
WWV_FLOW_DATA_IDX1,1
WWV_FLOW_DATA_IDX2,1

??? I don't see any differences in the degree of parallelism between the table and its indexes, do you? I'm not sure where the SQLHC script gets this from? This is 10.2.0.5, btw.

Matthias Hoys Received on Fri Mar 09 2012 - 07:27:16 CST

Original text of this message