Re: question about startup nomount in windows 2003 64x

From: Havel Zhang <havel.zhang_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 18:20:59 -0800 (PST)

On 3月6日, 上午12时32分, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
> On Mar 4, 10:54 pm, Havel Zhang <havel.zh..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > hi All:
> > I have a windows server 2003 64x, and I installed oracle 10g
> > 10.2.0.3 64x software only. After that, I want to using dbca to create
> > a database named e.g. dbserver. But install suspended when progress
> > bar at 2%. Then, I using dbca create a script and running commands
> > after the script said. I found the problem is on startup nomount
> > command. So, I tested as follow step:
> > 1. I create a pfile,say: dbpfile.ora,just have one line:
> > db_name="dbserver"
> > 2. oradim -new -sid dbserver #create instance
> > 3. set oracle_sid=dbserver #set env
> > 4. sqlplus /nolog
> > 5. conn / as sysdba;
> > 6. startup nomount pfile='dbpfile.ora'; --which dbfile.ora just
> > have one line: db_name="dbserver"
> > then, startup running,running and running ... without any error
> > message.
> > When Oracle in startup nomount level, Oracle just start process and
> > allocate memory for it. Any one come cross the same problem?
> > Can u help me or give me some clue? Thank you! :)
>
> If the install 'suspended when progress bar at 2%' the installation
> failed to complete and you won't be able to startup an instance. You
> need to discovver WHY the installation failed and correct the issue,
> deinstall what bits did get installed and start over.
>
> David Fitzjarrell

Dear:

    Thank you for your help. I guess it should be the bug of Oracle 10g. 11g haven't this problem.
I try my best to found WHY, but oracle haven't any log. Such as bdump,udump,cdump ... all these
directories are empty.

    Any one experience this problem?
thank you David again:) Received on Mon Mar 05 2012 - 20:20:59 CST

Original text of this message