Re: Oracle HTTP Server - the future

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 13:25:14 -0800 (PST)

On Sunday, March 4, 2012 8:23:53 AM UTC+11, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> Oracle doesn't want you to "configure and change", Oracle wants you to
> buy things. I am fairly certain that there will be an "apex configuration
> add-on module" sometimes in the future, that we will be required to pay
> for.

Part of grid control, no doubt. ;-)
And anyone not using it becomes automagically a dba1.0...

> applications can work, while being migrated to something else. The fabled
> "mod_plsql Apache module" is outsourced, but the utmost care was taken
> that it is almost impossible to install and that no clear instructions
> was ever provided. When I saw that, I knew that Apex is just another road
> toward a commercial application development tool, something that will
> eventually have to be purchased.

LOL! Good point, though! The biggest drawback against Apex has always been Oracle's total non-commitment to it...

> write it directly in PHP, using ADOdb. Apex is a tool that resolves the
> problem that is not really important. It allows idiots to write
> graphically appealing application. I can certainly live without it.

Ah, but the idiots can't! :-) Received on Sun Mar 04 2012 - 15:25:14 CST

Original text of this message