Re: 11.2 change in direct insert behavior

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2001_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 13:05:44 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 26, 2:49 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Very, very interesting. Thanks, Charles. I'm your fan ever since reading
> the chapters about performance and stats management that you wrote with
> Wolfgang Breitling in that furniture store book in 2010. Joze Senegacnik's
> chapter about extending CBO and creating proprietary cost function is
> also very interesting but a bit of a bleeding edge for me. I'm still
> looking for a good place to apply it. I used to work with Joze for the
> same company, a SGI reseller. I also used to work with Arup Nanda, for
> Oxford Health Plans. This is a small world.

That is interesting that you have worked with a couple of OakTable members. You are probably being humorous (or just name dropping :-) ), but I actually had the opportunity to work with Randolf Geist on the two chapters for the book. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the book - I bought 2 copies of the book myself.

<humor>
Funny that you should mention furniture store - I worked my way though college building furniture (and other items) in a woodworking shop. Would you like the larger block size for your indexes - would you prefer oak, cherry, or walnut. The larger block size will cost you more, of course, but I will round over the edges in case the block later fragments. I still have a bigger tablesaw and jointer than that other guy (Norm), so I can go plenty larger with the block size if required.
</humor>

Charles Hooper
http://hoopercharles.wordpress.com/
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Sun Feb 26 2012 - 15:05:44 CST

Original text of this message