Re: 11.2 change in direct insert behavior

From: Mladen Gogala <>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 17:08:46 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 07:52:48 -0800, Charles Hooper wrote:

> I am sure that you are aware of this fact (so this is for everyone else
> who is not aware), but direct path insert with a VALUES clause is a new
> feature offered with Oracle Database 11.1:
> So,
> the change in behavior is due to an expected outcome of a new Oracle
> Database feature.

Charles, when the hint the /*+ APPEND_VALUES */ is specified, without statistics, the statistics is computed. If there are objects which cannot converted to new version and re-compiled. Oracle is supposed to ignore and notify Nagios, Bear and the operator Michale Moore are located under $ORACLE_HOME/install,