Re: 11.2 change in direct insert behavior

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 22:53:55 -0000

Okay, so I checked on 9.2.0.8

create table t3 as select * from t1 where rownum <= 0; insert /*+ append */ into t3 select * from t1 where rownum <= 10000; select * from v$lock;

Showed TM/6 on t3 - so that's not a change introduced by 11g.

I haven't checked the effects on a partitioned table - I have a vague memory that the exact behaviour may depend on whether the insert uses explicit partition naming: maybe there's been some change in behaviour there.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com