Re: Is anyone still using Transparent Gateway for RMS (tg4RMS) ?

From: Hein RMS van den Heuvel <heinvandenheuvel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 07:25:29 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 22, 9:35 am, "Syltrem" <syltremz..._at_videotron.ca> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We're trying to move an application to Windows (from VMS) but it is
> currently accessing a few RMS files (native indexed filesystem on VMS).
> While finializing the conversion (lots of programming to do) which may take
> a few more months, we'd like to do the port and maintain accessibility of
> the RMS files by using the Transaparent Gateway for RMS

I have never paid attention to this product and probably should have. (http://docs.oracle.com/html/B10538_01/ch2.htm#i40200) It appears to based on the Attunity Connect product.

There are likely to be LOG files with details in a [.TMP] directory, parallel to a [.DEF] directory.

Has it ever worked for you?
What changed? SYLOGIN? Logicals?

You may want to try a brute force solution: use MCR DFU SEARCH/FILE=NVDB_RMS.EXE
Once found, define a system logical to point there and try again?

Btw... you may want to check out Attunity's RMS-CDC offering. And can help you keep an Oracle Database up to date in (near) real time with changes made to RMS (indexed) files.

Hope this helps some,
Hein van den Heuvel
Attunity Received on Wed Feb 22 2012 - 09:25:29 CST

Original text of this message