Re: ODBC & Hints

From: Daria Wieczorek <daria.wieczorek_at_uni-giessen.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:30:30 +0100

Am 21.2.2012 17:49, schrieb joel garry:
> On Feb 21, 8:03 am, Daria Wieczorek<daria.wieczo..._at_uni-giessen.de>
>> are there any known issues re: passing hints (in this case LEADING) to
>> the db server via odbc?

> Look at what it is executing on the server. There are various ways to
> do that, you can drill into sessions with dbconsole or oem, you can
> trace the code, you can see sql in dba views. Do you have a dba you
> can work with? What access do you have to the db on the server.

Yep, I can trace the session on the db server. Just wanted to hear if there are any *known* issues re: odbc & hints - apparently not so it will be analyzing our local configuration after all (problem is the application using odbc is a third party software and the db is also a third party design. And we are the IT department so we have to make things work ;)),

Daria Received on Wed Feb 22 2012 - 01:30:30 CST

Original text of this message