ODBC & Hints

From: Daria Wieczorek <daria.wieczorek_at_uni-giessen.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:03:18 +0100

Hi,

are there any known issues re: passing hints (in this case LEADING) to the db server via odbc? My problem is that a query which runs OK via direct access (e.g. using the Golden32 tool) hangs when executed via odbc. Since the query uses the LEADING hint my suspicion is that the odbc "swallows" the hint, treating it as a comment.

Database is 9.2.0.8, odbc is Oracle ODBC Driver, Release 11.2.0.1.0

Of course it also could be that the *application* using the odbc is "swallowing" the hint, not the odbc itself.

Any ideas?

Daria Received on Tue Feb 21 2012 - 10:03:18 CST

Original text of this message