DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO

From: ExecMan <artmerar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 07:04:30 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

We are using DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO to help track which procedures are running. However, one issue we are having is when procedures call other procedures.

For example, at the top of PROCEDURE_A we have this:

   DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.SET_CLIENT_INFO('PROCEDURE_A'); And at the end of PROCEDURE_A we have this:

DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.SET_CLIENT_INFO(null);

Now, say PROCEDURE_A calls PROCEDURE_B, then PROCEDURE_B has:

   DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.SET_CLIENT_INFO('PROCEDURE_B');
.
.

   DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.SET_CLIENT_INFO(null);

That wipes out the value and when control is returned to PROCEDURE_A, there is no value set anymore. So, this is great for a single procedure, but how can one integrate nested procedure calls and being able to use DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO more dynamically?

Any thoughts or suggestions? Received on Tue Feb 21 2012 - 09:04:30 CST

Original text of this message