Re: Help me!!!

From: onedbguru <onedbguru_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:00:25 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 16, 8:06 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 17:29:48 -0800, onedbguru wrote:
> > The error message is self-explanatory!  ORA-00942: table or view does
> > not exist.  Look at the job. Look at ORA-06550: line 2, column 3: What
> > does it do?  What tables does it touch? Did someone change the
> > permissions/accessibility of that table?  Do you have {EXP/IMP}
> > _FULL_DATABASE role?
>
> He could also do something like this:
>
> "ALTER SYSTEM SET EVENTS='942 TRACE NAME ERRORSTACK FOREVER, LEVEL 12'"
>
> That would produce the exact SQL in $ORACLE_BASE/diag/rdbms/$SERVICE_NAME/
> $ORACLE_SID/trace, which is the location formerly known as
> "USER_DUMP_DEST". Good thing that Oracle has simplified looking for
> traces.
>
> Depending on the nature of the missing table, he can continue his
> investigation.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

Apparently, he isn't much of a DBA, and has a lot more learning to do based on his questions and expectations that everyone else will tell him what is wrong.

To the OP: We cannot tell you what is wrong we can give you pointers based on the provided information, only you can actually fix it. If you need to, call in a real DBA consultant that can assist in 1) helping with this situation and more importantly 2) give you some training you desperately appear to need.

Hopefully he doesn't say that he has OCP, because if he does then this sort of event would show how much an OCP is truely worth. Zero! Received on Thu Feb 16 2012 - 21:00:25 CST

Original text of this message