dpimp problems

From: dba cjb <chris.brown_at_providentinsurance.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 08:20:28 -0800 (PST)

target 11g source 10g on windows 2008

I have been using dpimp generally working / tested with tables up to 250m working in seconds

I am importing into a 11g environment with a user specially created

I am sometimes getting blocked by wait events on source database

with control file parallel write or log file parallel write

So some tables work & others just cause the job to hang with sessions in source database causing the above wait events.

Is there anyway I can set up my dpimp param file ( see below )to avoid these
 / my instinct is that the fail is because of other parts of new environment being missing ?

Should I turn parallel off or is this a red herring?

Any help will be gratefully ( in solution or approach) received as I am near to my wit's end !!
Chris B

D:\oracle\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\NETWORK\ADMIN>impdp Cbrown/ password_at_BMIDW PA
RFILE=D:\DPWORKAREA\INCLUDEBROKERSAMPLE.PAR TABLES=LIVE.DS_BROKER
REMAP_TABLESPACE=DSTDATAMED:CJBDATA
DIRECTORY=dpump_dir1

EXCLUDE=CONSTRAINT
EXCLUDE=REF_CONSTRAINT
EXCLUDE=PACKAGE
EXCLUDE=FUNCTION
EXCLUDE=PROCEDURE
EXCLUDE=INDEX

NETWORK_LINK=datapump
PARALLEL=4 Received on Wed Feb 15 2012 - 10:20:28 CST

Original text of this message