Re: Executing Procedures

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 07:59:15 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 15, 9:57 am, ExecMan <artme..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We want to record into a table the owner of the procedure, who called
> it, and the name.  So, when a procedure is executed how would I query
> the data dictionary to retrieve this information?  I cannot find any
> code which tells me these 3 pieces of information.
>
> Regards

The built-in audit feature can produce a record of who called what procedure when if you audit execute; otherwise, I believe you would need to modify the procedures to log usage. Auditing must be turned on in advance.

You can find out within a procedure who called it via the call stack. Tom Kyte has published routines for getting this information:

http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2009/10/httpasktomoraclecomtkytewhocalledme.html

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Feb 15 2012 - 09:59:15 CST

Original text of this message