Re: impdp approach

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 08:19:58 -0800 (PST)

cjb:

# I have managed first stage of  data importing / just struggling to import a materialized view as a table  ...I can do it as a table but not as a materialized view ...

We don't use many materialized views here just a couple of on the data warehouse side.

If you are struggling I would not import it via impdp ... just execute sql on the receiving side to recreate the materialized view. Tools like Toad and many others can give you a script to re-create it if not readily available ( and if you can connect in to source database with relevant credentials ). Received on Thu Feb 09 2012 - 10:19:58 CST

Original text of this message