Re: ASSM vs. non-ASSM

From: John Hurley <>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 17:56:37 -0800 (PST)

# Oh, I should have added that I use uniform allocation in all my tablespaces, rather than automatic allocation. As such, I never get any of the conditions described in Jonathan's posts on ASSM.

Like you already mentioned I am a big fan of the uniform size of 1 mb ... depending on the database design or lack thereof many OLTP systems work just peachy with almost everything in 1 mb allocations.

At times ( as you mentioned already ) you may find a few things outside ( and maybe way outside ) the range where you want to do something above 1 mb. Received on Sat Feb 04 2012 - 19:56:37 CST

Original text of this message