oracle SE very slow on P7

From: nonor73 <tempo.vente_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:20:30 +0100

hello

We move our JDE production DB, oracle 10GR2 EE, from IBM P570 with P6 processor (4.2Ghz) on P740 with P7 processor (3.3Ghz). The first test we ran was an import mono process, on P740 it take two time than on P570, the import spent a lot of time in index build ans statistics computation.
It seems that the multi-threading of P7 is not used when Oracle is used in mono-thread, and the performance of one thread on P7 is by far less good than P6.
If someone get some experience on Oracle on P7, could you share..

Thank you Received on Sun Jan 29 2012 - 05:20:30 CST

Original text of this message