Re: Setting Oracle_Home in Oracle RAC 11g

From: onedbguru <onedbguru_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 18:49:35 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 24, 10:21 am, Big George <jbet..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got two (2) nodes in an Oracle RAC 11g in Windows Server 2008.
> Oracle software is installed in C:\app.
>
> I realized that it's not been set ORACLE_HOME path. In System
> Properties-> Advanced -> Environment Variables, I see that ORACLE_HOME
> is empty, and I need it in order to run some Oracle patch.
>
> - Which path would be the ORACLE_HOME: C:\app\bd\product
> \11.2.0\dbhome_1
> - Do I have to setup the same in both nodes?
>
> Thanks

The path is the path where the software is stored. Is the software installed in two different locations on the two servers? That could get very confusing for the clusterware. Read the docs and pre-reqs for installing RAC on any platform. Received on Wed Jan 25 2012 - 20:49:35 CST

Original text of this message