Re: RMAN

From: onedbguru <onedbguru_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 18:46:25 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 20, 6:14 pm, John Hurley <hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 20, 11:38 am, ExecMan <artme..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > On Monday we started receiving this error in our backup log:
>
> > RMAN-00571:
> > RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS
> > ===============
> > RMAN-00571:
> > RMAN-03009: failure of delete command on d4 channel at 01/20/2012
> > 02:31:24
> > ORA-19633: control file record 6197 is out of sync with recovery
> > catalog
>
> > We do not use  a recovery catalog, we use the control file.  Oracle
> > has been less than helpful, telling us that the only way to solve this
> > bug is to use a recovery catalog.  I find that funny as we have 20
> > databases, each using their control file, and this is the first time
> > it has ever happened.
>
> > At any rate, I cannot find a solution.  Can anyone help?  I'm also
> > thinking if I can just delete all the backups, will it clear those
> > records from the control file, and I can start with a fresh level 0
> > backup.
>
> > Thanks!
>
> Try doing a cross check of everything ... archive logs backups
> etc ...
> #!/bin/ksh
> . /home/oracle/ora_11g_env
> export ORACLE_SID=xyz123 /* fix this sid */
> rman << EOF
> connect target
> run {
> allocate channel d1 type disk;
> crosscheck backup;
> crosscheck copy;
> crosscheck backup of database;
> crosscheck backup of controlfile;
> crosscheck archivelog all;
> release channel d1;}
>
> exit;
> EOF
>
> Something like the above should be reasonably close ... make sure it
> executes cleanly ...

To add to this, you might attempt to move your backups and archivelogs out of the FRA area (db_recovery_file_dest) and run a crosscheck + delete expired and then move the files back to their original location and re-catalog them. (catalog start with '/../.../' )

recreating the controlfile may be your only option. I have had to do that recently due to a corrupted controlfile that was purely selfinflicted  more than a 6 months before I joined the team. Received on Wed Jan 25 2012 - 20:46:25 CST

Original text of this message