Re: So.....

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:22:24 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 20, 11:50 pm, Hans Henrik Krohn <hhkr..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I *think* I have managed to find the relevant information from
> MOS. You have to find MOS article 282036.1, download the attached .pdf
> file 282036_Final.pdf, and then read page 20.
>
> QUOTE:
> IBM Software Requirements and PTFs for AIX 5.3 support of Oracle
> Database 11g Release 2 (11.2.0.1 or higher)
>
> The requirements for the software products certified on Oracle
> Database 11gR2 with AIX 5.3 are described in this section. AIX 5.3 is
> certified on Oracle Database 11gR2 using AIX 5.3 TL10 SP1 or higher.
> The 64 bit kernel is required for all Oracle Database 11gR2
> installations.
> ETOUQ

Thanks, but not quite what I had in mind. It is a generic document, with somewhat dated information (early 2011).
Doc ID 1307544.1 mentions it as well and seems to be more up to date: last update is from Jan 2012.
But none addresses the fundamental problem here: OUI checks for RAC install and its related packages and stops installs where RAC was never selected.
That's what needs to be fixed. Among a great many other things... Received on Sun Jan 22 2012 - 16:22:24 CST

Original text of this message