Re: So.....

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 02:03:25 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:07:27 +0100, Peter Schneider wrote:

> Am 17.01.2012 21:42, schrieb Noons:

>> On Jan 18, 4:29 am, joel garry<joel-ga..._at_home.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> The yolks on you.  Cross-platform has been in declension for years.
>>> While there has always been favoritism for lead platforms, they're not
>>> even pretending any more.  12c not planned for any Itanium, OMS not
>>> even on hp-ux 64 bit.  At least you AIX folk just got it.  Assuming
>>> you can install it, of course.  :-O
>>
>> That was likely the only reason left to chose Oracle over other rdbms.
>> With cross-platform gone, they are just one of the rabble.  Ah well,
>> time to brush up on db2 and MS/SQL, because this Oracle thing is just a
>> sad joke...

> So MS/SQL for AIX is available? Interesting, I didn't notice...
>
> Regards Peter

Well, it is available for Linux, since 4/1/2005:

http://developers.slashdot.org/story/05/04/01/1451241/microsoft-porting- sql-server-to-new-platforms

I am unable to find the original announcement, but this should be good enough. Microsoft decided to port SQL Server to Linux, just after they have bought the Catholic Church.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com