Re: So.....

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:50:45 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 18, 1:08 am, Charles Hooper <hooperc2..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> This might not be helpful, but Metalink (MOS) shows that similar
> package dependency errors sometimes appeared when 11.1.0.6 was
> installed on AIX 5.3.  Some of the article show how to bypass the
> error if Oracle will not be configured in a RAC environment.  You
> might start with the following:https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=8791...https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=5679...https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=7414...https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=7841...
>
> I believe that one of the above article also stated that the check for
> rsct.basic.rte incorrectly failed with a more recent release of AIX,
> so that might explain why that check was removed.

Yeah, but you see, this is how it works in the real world I - and many others - actually live in:
1- we bypass the checks on any software install and it goes through without any errors
2- anything, and I mean anything, goes wrong with setup later on 3- external "expert" is called in who promptly identifies point 1 as the "source of all evil" (SOAE for short)

do I need to go on to point 4?...

So, it's Aix 7.1 for us. And whatever else the installer then decides to point as the SOAE.
It just added another week or so to my schedule for the year, and a lot of pain for the Aix sysadmins.

Lovely, I just knew I could count on Oracle to deliver inefficiencies and delays into our projects... Received on Tue Jan 17 2012 - 14:50:45 CST

Original text of this message