Re: oracle + linux/bsd

From: onedbguru <onedbguru_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 20:01:47 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 12, 6:33 pm, geos <g..._at_nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> joel garry wrote:
> > Google:
> > minimal gladstone oracle install
>
> joel, did you mean this site:
>
> http://diznix.com/2011/03/21/gladstone/
>
> > Don't know about bsd, 22 years ago I ran O6 on SunOS which was then a
> > bsd variant.  I speculate something about shared memory and
> > interprocess communication details.  It could just be linux was a
> > religion that got pushed late last century.
>
> thanks,
> geos

Not that it matters, but you could always just download Oracle Enterprise Linux - there have been some rumors that O is entertaining the idea of ceasing future support for RedHat and only supporting OEL - even though OEL is a RedHat variant. Received on Sat Jan 14 2012 - 22:01:47 CST

Original text of this message