Re: restrict login

From: DHILEN JOGI <kanojogi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 00:41:37 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 4, 7:22 pm, Mark D Powell <Mark.Powe..._at_hp.com> wrote:
> On Jan 4, 1:59 am, DHILEN JOGI <kanoj..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > how to restrict unauthorized user by using logon trigger????
>
> > means in my data dictionary i hv number ip to whom i want to give
> > access n other i dnt want
> > so how can i perform that by logon trigger ????????
>
> Dihilen, your post is not very clear, access to what?
>
> The sqlnet layer of Oracle has parameters that can be used to allow
> and block access to the listener based on IP addresses.  This feature
> might be of interest to you.
>
> You also failed to list your full version and edition of Oracle.  Your
> options related to database event logon triggers vary somewhat on the
> version and if you have the Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition.
> With a modern version of the EE you could check the IP address of a
> session in a logon trigger and set a context value that is used by
> FGAC (VPD) to filter query results providing what you actually want to
> do is something that the VPD feature applies to.  Like I said earlier
> your intent is not clearly stated.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

my oracle verson is oracle 10g standard edition and u correctly got my prob that i wants to restrict people whose ip does not exist in my database table... n i want to perform that by using trigger which fired on logon in my database so hoe i can perform
and

my oracle verson is oracle 10g standard edition also
my internet is working properly......

thnx in advance... Received on Fri Jan 13 2012 - 02:41:37 CST

Original text of this message