Re: V$SQLAREA

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 17:03:39 -0000

However, just as they make something viable, Oracle often makes it redundant.

v$sqlstats came out as a "latch-free" equivalent of v$sqlarea in 10g, and then 11g gave us v$sqlstats_plan_hash.

The latter sums child cursors by plan hash value - so you can get a better idea from the summary of the different amount of work that different plans may give for the same query.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com