Re: Ooooops!....

From: CarlosAL <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 00:13:26 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 12, 1:40 am, Noons <wizofo..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Because "shopping cart" technologies like flash and java/j2ee are
> "kewl".
> While apex/pl-sql are passée and last millenia because they touch the
> database directly (shock, horror!) instead of through umpteen layers
> of moronic "serialization frameworks".
>
> That's how development and design is decided nowadays: the degree of
> "kewlness"...

+1

I see it all the times.

Recently I talked to a java developer asking him why their database had NO constraints or data validation rules. His answer: 'The appliccation layer takes care of it'... The next thing that hapened was that we began to receive costs multiplied by 100, date information from the future, and of course a lot of child rows whitout parent...

Cheers.

Carlos. Received on Mon Dec 12 2011 - 02:13:26 CST

Original text of this message