Re: Ooooops!....

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 16:13:47 +0100

Noons wrote:
> On Dec 7, 1:15 pm, Mladen Gogala<gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Heck, the Attorney General Department here in NSW never delivered a
> multi-million dollar development in j2ee after 10 (T-E-N!!!!) years of
> duh-velopment. Eventually they threw the whole lot out, as they
> should have done 10 years before if they had had any brains to start
> with...
>
> But you'd hear the bozos there talking about their "application" as if
> it was the second coming!
> "It far surpasses anything ever done, look: see this bynamic drop box?
> Amazing, isn't it?" and other pearls (no pun intended!) of
> "development nirvana" I witnessed.
>
> When in 2003 I asked how many screens they had to do, they said: "28!
> It is a MAJOR system, do you understand?".
> Of course: me delivering in 2004 a fully operational 78 screen
> application to NSW Mining Department in 8 months, fully debugged and
> tested, was a figment to be ignored.
> Because it was done in Forms, instead of a "proper environment".

It's good to hear such stupidity exists all around the world.

Over here my younger colleagues are enhancing forms with autocomplete. I wonder how this will be received by experienced users and the database. Older colleagues wonder if something functional will ever be produced this way.

Why on earth would one use the right tool for the right problem, when years of effort can be wasted otherwise? Received on Thu Dec 08 2011 - 09:13:47 CST

Original text of this message