Re: Ooooops!....

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 02:15:46 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 16:52:58 -0800, joel garry wrote:

> I surely understand and share Noon's opinion of java, but it has long
> ago reached critical mass and isn't going away any time soon.

It wouldn't be too late to rewrite all those apps in Perl. It's portable, powerful and much more convenient than Java. Gosling and McNealy could say that Java was a prank gone bad and that they have never thought that it would catch on like it did. Also, rewriting all those applications in Perl would dramatically improve employment figures in the US.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com