Re: split mirror backups

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 15:27:04 -0800 (PST)

Joel/Mladen:

# I have worked with BCV splits earlier in this century (EMC Symmetrix, at OXHP) and, as far as I can remember, we didn't do SUSPEND/RESUME, we turned all tablespaces into BEGIN BACKUP mode just before split, then did the split, and then issued the END BACKUP command.

Yeah we ditched Symmetrix ( for Clariion ) 5 years back.

Like Mladen said ... that's how we proceeded also.

I have complete doc on our setup and scripts used back then ( somewhere ) so let me know if that might be useful to you. It was hpux 9.2 Oracle ( then 10.2 eventually ) RAC on emc.

What environment exactly are you going to be doing this in? Received on Thu Dec 01 2011 - 17:27:04 CST

Original text of this message