Re: Migration from AS/400 to oracle database 11G

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:11:13 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 29, 6:23 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 09:02:15 -0800, joel garry wrote:
> > 11.2.0.4 is like, 2013
>
> I sincerely doubt that it will take that long. OL 6.x is not yet
> supported by any release of Oracle RDBMS and I don't think that they will
> change that in a CPU patch. I also doubt very much that Oracle will have
> OL 6.x unsupported for a full year.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

See MOS 742060.1 (Patch Set Roadmap), that's a very good point. It did seem like a long time to me too, until I thought "oh yeah, not much more than a year," maybe I misread it. Then again, maybe it's a "force 12 on them" move. Remember needing to upgrade VMS to get 7.3? (IIRC) I suppose Oracle has it's share of PHBs saying "this is how it is" and Dilberts going "wtf aboutOL 6.x?" And the Hurd going "the engineer is making me sad."

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://blogs.oracle.com/linux/entry/q_a_with_wim_coekaerts