Re: Migration from AS/400 to oracle database 11G

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:33:04 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 29, 1:44 pm, Noons <wizofo..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 4:02 am, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>
> > lol!  Didn't mean to piss off anyone, I said "would be."  See MOS
> > 742060.1, 11.2.0.4 is like, 2013.  My platform and yours both got
>
> Thanks, interesting little note.  How does one get in the distro list
> of those?  That would have been very useful about a year ago!

Just have to search MOS, afaik. You'd think a link from certifications would be an obvious thing. But certifications are distinct from supported are distinct from forward-looking undependable projections.

> > 11.2.0.3 on the same day, but I'm not even on 11 yet (besides some
> > XE).  I'm a dinosaur among dinosaurs, I guess.
>
> Join the club.  I'm on 10.2.0.3 (heavily patched) on just about
> everything except some 11gr2 XE and HS stuff.
> Starting to test 11.2.0.3 on Aix, now that I (finally!) got a sandpit
> system - only 4 years after I asked for one...

Mine's been on the shelf for some time, recently put into a rack and waiting on... some damn sysadmin thing or another (was storage didn't work on some hp-ux versions, now I think waiting on some silly replicant technology. As if it is better than DG [no, not that DG! Dataguard!].). I am so glad I don't do hardware.

> > Now, the CPU's on the other hand... yikes!http://jarneil.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/when-oracle-patching-goes-wro...
>
> It'll be a cold day in heck when I install a CPU...  Never been of any
> use to me.

I'm too chicken to admit it. Oops.

jg

--