Re: Migration from AS/400 to oracle database 11G

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 18:06:05 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:20:17 -0800, joel garry wrote:

> Oracle has had it for decades, but there are many consequences. I
> suggest you start by reading the Oracle 11.2 concepts manual, then see
> the books by Tom Kyte to see things that you may need to relearn. Then
> read the concepts manual again.

Slight digression: I've just ordered new book by Jonathan Lewis "Oracle Core: Essential Internals for DBAs and Developers"

Delivery estimate: Dec. 1, 2011 - Dec. 3, 2011

        1 "Oracle Core: Essential Internals for DBAs and Developers" Lewis, Jonathan; Paperback; $32.57
In Stock

   Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

I have to complain, Jonathan didn't advertise his book on this group. How is a simple DBA like me going to find out about new books if the authors don't advertise them?

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com