Re: from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 12:28:39 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 10, 9:27 pm, onedbguru <onedbg..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 10, 10:57 am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works.
>
> > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle
> > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another
> > oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax.
>
> > I try to write something like
>
> >  SELECT * FROM
> >   LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET_at_ORAGATE2
>
> > but it does not work
>
> > questions
> > 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ?
> > 2) if so, how ?
>
> > thank you!
>
> use a synonym that points to the second linked table?- Hide quoted text -

This is what we have done when going from one Oracle to another nonsqlnet  compatable version, that is, from Oracle_1 we reference an object in Oracle_2 which is actuall just a remote synonym to Oracle_3.

If this will not work with SQL Server via ODBC/OLE then try replacing the synonyms in the middle Oracle with views that reference the objects in the second Oracle.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Nov 11 2011 - 14:28:39 CST

Original text of this message