Re: VirtualBox

From: mhoys <matthias.hoys_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 13:18:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Nov 3, 6:12 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> So far, I've been using KVM to create virtual machines on my Linux boxes.
> KVM is sort of tricky to set up but works well once you get through the
> initial hurdles. I decided to give Oracle's VirtualBox a shot and was
> pleasantly surprised. It's simple, it installs without much fuss, it
> works well and it's free. There is also a Windows version. I
> wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

This year I switched from VMWare to Oracle VirtualBox for running virtual Linux servers with Oracle on my desktop (first Windows XP, now Windows 7), and I also like it a lot. I had some annoying issues with VirtualBox 4.1.x so I'm still running version 4.0.12 which is pretty stable.

Matthias Received on Thu Nov 03 2011 - 15:18:43 CDT

Original text of this message