SSL Chipers

From: jkells <jtkells_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 18:16:26 GMT

I'm sure that this is not the group to inquire about ciphers being greater then 256 for PostgreSQL but if anyone can provide me with any information about PostgreSQL support for chipers and how to use chipers greater then 256 (I.e. 1024) I would greatly appreciate it. I have two Ubuntu servers running PostgreSQL and when I setup SSL I was surprised to see it only at 256. Looking at openssl chipers the largest one was 256.

psql (9.0.4)
SSL connection (cipher: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256) Type "help" for help.

openssl ciphers -v 'AES+HIGH'
ADH-AES256-SHA SSLv3 Kx=DH Au=None Enc=AES(256) Mac=SHA1

Isn't 256 considered weak now a days?
Thanks Received on Thu Oct 27 2011 - 13:16:26 CDT

Original text of this message