Re: No SQL baselines in express edition:

From: Randolf Geist <mahrah_at_web.de>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 02:33:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 21, 7:13 pm, Mladen Gogala <mgog..._at_no.address.invalid> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 17:09:30 +0000, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> > I tried, no luck. It seems that the best features are disabled in the
> > XE.
>
> Sorry, forgot to include the query that proves it:
>
> SQL> select sql_handle,plan_name
>   2  from dba_sql_plan_baselines
>   3  where lower(sql_text) like '%emp%';
>
> no rows selected

As far as I know SQL Plan Baselines are an Enterprise Edition feature, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them not working even in Standard Edition (One).

Having said that - you are aware of the fact that baselines are only captured if you execute the same statement at least twice? Your demo wouldn't capture baselines in Enterprise Edition either I assume since you run your query only once.

Randolf Received on Sat Oct 22 2011 - 04:33:31 CDT

Original text of this message