Re: SE - Multicore Licensing

From: John Hurley <>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:38:55 -0700 (PDT)

# Can you be a bit for specific John please, I still see the standard multi-chip slightly vague wording Oracle have used for the last few years.

I just looked and it seems like the active disclaimer for SE 1 is it cannot be used in systems with more than 2 sockets ( or was it 1 socket ).

Seems like a 1 socket 8 core system meets the current criteria.

Looks like the "don't ask don't tell" rule applies unless you really want to get specific with Oracle sales. They never have a good exact understanding either typically. Received on Fri Oct 14 2011 - 17:38:55 CDT

Original text of this message